Many patients have heard the term mercury toxicity associated with fillings but still have many questions about it: what is it, am I affected by it, and what can be done to remediate it?
Mercury toxicity also called mercury poisoning is caused by a high level of mercury in the body. The presence of mercury has been shown to cause wide range of chronic and acute health problems affecting all major systems in the body.
The question of whether or not mercury amalgam fillings contribute to mercury exposure is hotly debated.
• Many dentists believe that amalgam fillings, in use for more than 150 years in this country, are safe and that only a small percentage of the population shows sensitivity to mercury in fillings.
• Many toxicologists associate great risk with the use of mercury amalgam fillings. One researcher, Andrew Cutler, has argued that millions of people are being poisoned by mercury compounds the medical profession is exposing them to.
Among the latter, common arguments against the procedure include:
• All the mercury has already leaked out.
• Additional tooth structure will be lost by removing existing dental work.
• The patient will be exposed to toxic levels of mercury vapor being released as the fillings are drilled out.
There are risks associated with removal of mercury amalgam fillings, ranging from damage to teeth to neurological, immunological, detoxification, digestive, and endocrine disorders. The very act of amalgam removal can increase mercury exposure to both patient and dental staff.
Current standards for dental education do not include instruction for safe amalgam removal. To receive training in proper removal of amalgam fillings, dentists receive training from any of several postgraduate institutions, including the Holistic Dental Association and the International Academy of Oral Medicine and Toxicology.
The comprehensive protocols established by The Center for Systemic Dentistry ensure a thorough process for safe amalgam removal. Located in Berkeley Heights, NJ, we are committed to being the state’s leading dental practice that focuses on holistic, healing-focused dentistry.
Dr. Philip Memoli is ready to help you recover your health so you can begin to lead a life free of mercury toxicity.
Call us today at (908)464-9144 or contact us via our online contact form.
Read more about our services: http://www.holisticdentistrynj.com/
438 Springfield Ave Suite #3,, Berkeley Heights, New Jersey, United States